Keylogger is a device which tracks the keystrokes of a victim’s computer and sends you back the data. several methods of keylogging exists. With a keylogger deployed in a victim’s computer you get access to credentials of these.
- Victim’s Mail Accounts
- Victim’s Social Accounts
- Bank account and credit card details and much more
Here we will know about how to make a keylogger which sends you back the keystrokes of victim’s computers to your mail account at a regular intervals.
- Download the Keylogger making tool.
- Go to “smtp” folder, you can do the same down below methods using “ftp” but in this tutorial we will discuss about SMTP which sends the keystrokes to a mail account
- In the smtp folder, remove the file named “server.exe”
here we will setup with gmail, although methods are similar for other mailing services , if not identical
- Go to google account setting & Allow Acess to less secure apps
- Open up costexSMTP keylogger and put in your user-mail_id and password
- Put smtp.gmail.com in SMTP and 587 @ Port
- Hit on test mail to verify the credentials and check the test mail received in your inbox
- You can try additional setting like USB spreading or a custom error message. As shown in above image
- Also Tick “Start-up” , doing this will put it in startup folder, this will make your keylogger start it’s action as soon as window boots up.
- Once you press “Build” a “server.exe” file will be made in SMTP folder
- “Server.exe” is your keylogger
Deploying The Payload
- Now after build is done your keylogger will be located in SMTP folder named “server.exe”
- Rename the file to your desired name and send the file to victim
- Once victim opens the keylogger, the keylogger will work in background and starts sending back the keystrokes to your email inbox
NOTE : This Keylogger runs in background and can be stopped by killing “Host Processor” in Task Manager (This can be avoided b Ticking “Stop TaskManager” in Settings menu while building the keylogger.